Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Original Egg Rolls Roll Again

So we’re off on another adventure and this time it’s the OG Egg Rolls making the trek.  



Mom, Jill, Brenda and I landed in Thailand yesterday after two fairly smooth flights, one from San Francisco to Taipei, Taiwan, (fourteen hours) followed by a three-hour layover and a four-hour flight to Bangkok.  It really wasn’t as bad as it sounds.  No, really.  Thanks to a little help from my favorite brother, I was able to pop a Belsomra and sleep for ten hours of the first flight and another hour on the second flight.  I was pretty much only awake long enough to eat the meals they served and then was totally crashed out the rest of the time in the air.  I’ve found that for long-haul flights, unconscious is really the only way to go.  

We landed in Bangkok around 11:30 and were at our hotel by 1:30.  After a meeting with our tour guide, Kit, and a quick freshen-up, we headed out like a bunch of heat-seeking missiles for the shopping area down the street that was promised to have vendors selling everything from t-shirts to elephant pants to handbags.  Let me tell you, nothing overcomes jet lag like the lure of junk we don’t need for sale at bargain prices!

After we got our shop on, we went to a small Thai restaurant that Kit recommended to us and the food was absolutely excellent. And cheap.  And they were very accommodating with that whole gluten free thing I’ve got going on.  My plate of pad thai was only 120 baht, less than $4 US.  Plentiful bargain shopping and cheap, yummy eats - I’m thinking Thailand is our kind of place!




After dinner, we headed back to our hotel and got a good night’s rest so we would be ready for our guided tour to begin the next morning.  More on that in my next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment