Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Great Wall at Last!


Today I fulfilled a dream I've had since I was a little girl.  I stood atop the Great Wall of China.  It was incredible, truly the experience of a lifetime!  And the fact that I got to share it with my mom, my sister and our friend made it all the more special.  If you look at the above picture, you'll see three towers.  Mom climbed to the first tower and Brenda, Jill and I made it about half way up to the tallest tower.  We went slow and stopped often to rest, but we just couldn't make it to the top.  I don't know if you can fully appreciate how steep the wall is by looking at the pictures, but let me tell you, it was pretty intense in places.  We're gonna be feeling this one in the morning!  




Here we are after our adventure with our "I climbed the Great Wall" medals.  We felt like Olympians after our accomplishment!




1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures!! It looks amazing. In the second picture up from the bottom, what is at your feet??

    ReplyDelete